Each month (and really each day) our team collects data.
Because measurement matters when it changes the way you act.
Mel Trotter Ministries exists to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus Christ toward the hungry, homeless and hurting of the greater Grand Rapids area.
This is our mission statement, our promise.
Our programs are creating an impact and our data helps us measure that impact. It also helps us gain trust and build credibility, while proving our work is working.
Here’s the data you need to know for 2015:
- Provided 84,295 nights of shelter (an average of 230 per night)
- Served 134,826 hot meals (an average of 369 per day)
- Helped 121 people secure jobs
- Helped 224 families or individuals find permanent housing
- Provided care to 4,831 public inebriates
- Treated 2,254 individuals in our clinics
- Assisted 73 individuals in our Legal Guidance Center
That’s a lot of compassion demonstrated.
And it’s because of you.
There is absolutely no way our team could do what we do to end homelessness without the support and generosity of thousands of individuals and families within the greater Grand Rapids area.
“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (Colossians 3:15-17)